Ruben Chavez, P.E.
President - Moreno Cardenas Inc.
As a founding member of CEA Engineering Group Inc., Mr. Chavez is responsible for business operations, business development and engineering design. Ruben’s area of expertise includes planning, transportation and stormwater infrastructure throughout the Southwest. Mr. Chavez has over 24 years of civil engineering experience, 17 as founder of CEA Group. Today CEA Group is one of the largest engineering firm headquartered in El Paso.
Mr. Chavez’s professional experience includes:
- Central Business District Improvements – Phase IV | City of El Paso Zaragoza P.O.E Pan American Drive Winn Road Build Improvements | Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority (CRRMA)
- Eastlake Blvd. Phase 2 Roadway Improvements | CRRMA
- Central Business District Improvements – Phase III | City of El Paso Long Term Transportation Plan/FHWA Consultant | YDSP-Tiguas
- City Bond Water & Wastewater Replacement | City of El Paso Airway Feasibility Study – Conceptual Analysis | City of El Paso Vinton Hydrology & Hydraulics Analysis | TXDOT
- FM 2316 Hydrology & Hydraulics Analysis | TXDOT
- Border Colonia Access Program | County of El Paso
- East Fort Bliss Community College Campus EA | EPCC
Mr. Chavez’s background also includes the following civic activities:
- The Hospitals of Providence: East Campus -Governing Board
- CommUNITY En Accion - Vice Chair
- Young Achievers Forum – 2019 Chair
- Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce, Governing Board
- El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Advocacy Committee
- Parkland High School, TSTEM Advisory Board Member
- El Paso Bicycle Advisory Committee, advises the City of El Paso on matters related to bicycle planning and infrastructure.
- Mexican American Cultural Center Sub-Committee, responsible for advising on the development of the Hispanic Cultural Center’s size, budget, and facility program and amenities.
- Our Lady of Mt Carmel Building Committee
- City Plan Commission (2009-2010), City commission with authority to approve subdivision applications and charged with making recommendations on all zoning related matters
- El Paso Historic Landmark Commission (2008-2009), charged with making recommendations on the designation of historic landmarks and districts, and authority to grant certificates of appropriateness in compliance with historic guidelines.
- Alicia R. Chacon International School Bike-a-thon, program created to inspect and repair children’s bicycles to get them ready for summer break.
- Texas Alliance for Minorities in Engineering, Science Advisor
- Engineering Student Leadership Council Endowment, mentoring students and provide funds for engineering students to explore development opportunities outside the classroom.